Skip to content
Logon to WorkInTexas.com
Forgot User ID?
By Occupation and Location
By State Agency / University
By Hot Careers
Program Supervisor II - III
The system is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
Employer contact information is available to registered logged-on job seekers who match the job posting requirements (some exceptions do apply). To benefit from all services available to you
Job Posting ID
Jun 07, 2013
Employer Posting No
Aug 13, 2013
Job Site Address
AUSTIN, Texas 78701
This position serves as the Business Entity Filings Teams Supervisor, performing moderately complex to complex administrative and supervisory program work. Work involves establishing program goals and objectives; developing procedures, policies, and rules; developing, and maintaining schedules and priorities; and evaluating and coordinating program activities. Assigns and supervises the work of the Business Filings Team and SOSDirect Business Filings Team. Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Essential Job Functions
Under the direction of Corporations Management, supervises document examiners who review statutory filings for compliance. Performs responsible administrative functions. Work includes:
- Assigning and monitoring work activities;
- Preparing and conducting annual and periodic performance evaluations;
- Initiating informal counseling and disciplinary actions;
- Resolving work-related issues;
- Monitoring work for accuracy;
- Participating in interviewing and hiring process;
- Reviewing and maintaining production reports;
- Reviewing time sheets; and
- Approving requests for leave.
Responds to moderately complex inquiries and resolves issues from agency management, as well as internal and external customers.
Assists Corporations Management in planning, coordinating, monitoring and directing the operations and activities of the Business Entity Filings Teams.
Identifies needed areas of change and makes recommendations to Corporations Management to improve the section's operations.
Demonstrates knowledge of organizational behavior, assumes and shares responsibility, collaborates with team members, promotes teamwork, and models team behavior.
Ensures that staff is appropriately trained and motivates staff to achieve work goals.
Monitors office productivity and takes corrective actions to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
Assists in the preparation of training and operational manuals and educational materials.
Delivers feedback directly and constructively.
Evaluates, interprets, and implements administrative policies and procedures.
Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave policy.
Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
Program Supervisor II –
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Two years full-time management or supervisory experience.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize workloads to meet goals and objectives within established timeframes.
- Skill in identifying measures or indicators of program and staff performance.
- Skill in communicating effectively by phone, in person, and in writing.
- Skill in using a computer for word processing, spreadsheets, email, and other software.
- Must be able to work M-F, 8am to 5pm
- Must be willing to work overtime during peak periods, as needed.
- Extensive knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently in a fast paced, high volume, deadline-oriented environment and to deal with on-call situations.
- Ability to build appropriate and professional rapport with customers, listen effectively, and use diplomacy and tact.
- Skill in working effectively with a diverse staff and a variety of customers.
- Skill in modeling desired customer service behaviors.
- Skill in establishing goals and objectives.
Program Supervisor III –
- Meets the qualifications for Program Specialist II, plus one or more additional years of full-time management or supervisory experience. May substitute a graduate degree in Business Management/Organization, Public Administration, or related major for additional years of management.
• Applicants will be asked to take a skills test at time of interview.
Supervisory Experience Required
Between $3,178.83 / MO and $4,166.37 / MO
Additional Pay Details
There is a 90-day waiting period for medical insurance and participation in the retirement system. Details about insurance and retirement benefits are available at www.ers.state.tx.us/Events/New_Employee/
Eagle Ford Shale Job
Answer the following before previewing and printing your application
State agencies will not accept incomplete applications. Complete the following fields if you are viewing and printing your application to submit to a state agency/university. Then select the Preview/Print State of Texas Application button to view your application. Use your browser print option to print.
Program Supervisor II - III
Job Posting Number
State Agency Name
TEXAS SECRETARY OF STATE
Job Closing Date
Aug 13, 2013
Open Until Filled
Do you have any relatives working for this agency? If so, list names and relationships.
Limit 1000 characters
How did you first find out about this job?
01 - Other State Employee
02 - Job Fair
03 - Professional Publication
04 - Recruitment Poster
05 - Television
06 - Newspaper
Name of Newspaper
07 - College/University Career Day
08 - Human Resource/Personnel Office
09 - Radio
10 - Agency Web Site - Internet
11 - WorkInTexas.com
12 - Other (specify)
Workforce Solutions Office Directory