Skip to content
Logon to WorkInTexas.com
Forgot User ID?
By Occupation and Location
By State Agency / University
By Hot Careers
Program Specialist I
The system is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
Employer contact information is available to registered logged-on job seekers who match the job posting requirements (some exceptions do apply). To benefit from all services available to you
Job Posting ID
Jun 19, 2013
Employer Posting No
Sep 09, 2013
Job Site Address
AUSTIN, Texas 78701
Provides training, instructions and assistance to county staff regarding voter registration issues and requirements and the maintenance of the registered voter rolls. Work deals directly with the Texas Election Administration Management System (TEAM) and reports to the Voter Registration Manager. The TEAM application maintains the statewide voter registration list in compliance with federal and state laws. Work requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, limited project management skills, good organizational skills, problem solving skills and the ability to exercise individual initiative. Should be able to work with moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK TO BE PERFORMED
• Responsible for training county officials
• Answer calls and letters from both public and county personnel regarding correct procedures and statutory requirements on voter registration.
• Will assist in providing administrative direction for counties in the areas of troubleshooting, training, and other detail-oriented projects.
• Will work with various computer software applications, including but not limited to Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access.
• Assist in developing policy and procedure manuals and training materials and preparing justifications for the implementation of procedural or policy changes.
• Assists with preparing and reviewing literature, statutes, rules, and/or policies.
• Will be responsible for typing and proofing correspondence drafted or assigned by section management.
• Works with program staff in determining trends and resolving problems using new technologies or modifications to existing technologies and provides technical assistance on program changes.
• Assists with the review of program area operations to identify areas in need of change and assists with the development of plans to improve or address areas of concern.
• Prepares reports, including summaries of findings, conclusions, recommended revisions, and other working papers regarding projects assigned by management.
• Performs related work as assigned.
• Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with major course work in a field relevant to the assignment is preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
• Ability to obtain a grade of 70% or better on agency administered spelling test is required.
• Extensive use of Windows, knowledge of Windows XP.
• Must be able to handle multiple projects/tasks at one time.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of local, state and federal laws related to the program area; of public administration and management techniques; of statistical analysis processes; and of program planning and implementation.
• Ability to gather, assemble, correlate, and analyzes facts; to devise solutions to problems and prepare reports.
• Knowledge of Access.
• Has prior work experience with county officials.
• Training experience.
• Ability to speak and write in Spanish.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects and to meet critical deadlines.
• Skill in operating computers and applicable software.
• Strong writing and editing capability.
• Ability to effectively communicate with diverse groups.
• Experience speaking before small and large groups.
• Ability to successfully train others.
• Ability to learn new software programs.
• Ability to devise solutions to problems.
Supervisory Experience Required
Between $3,250.00 / MO and $3,250.00 / MO
Additional Pay Details
There is a 90-day waiting period for medical insurance and participation in the retirement system. Details about insurance and retirement benefits are available at http://www.ers.state.tx.us/Publication/NEG_Print/
Eagle Ford Shale Job
Answer the following before previewing and printing your application
State agencies will not accept incomplete applications. Complete the following fields if you are viewing and printing your application to submit to a state agency/university. Then select the Preview/Print State of Texas Application button to view your application. Use your browser print option to print.
Program Specialist I
Job Posting Number
State Agency Name
TEXAS SECRETARY OF STATE
Job Closing Date
Sep 9, 2013
Open Until Filled
Do you have any relatives working for this agency? If so, list names and relationships.
Limit 1000 characters
How did you first find out about this job?
01 - Other State Employee
02 - Job Fair
03 - Professional Publication
04 - Recruitment Poster
05 - Television
06 - Newspaper
Name of Newspaper
07 - College/University Career Day
08 - Human Resource/Personnel Office
09 - Radio
10 - Agency Web Site - Internet
11 - WorkInTexas.com
12 - Other (specify)
Workforce Solutions Office Directory