Skip to content
Logon to WorkInTexas.com
Forgot User ID?
By Occupation and Location
By State Agency / University
By Hot Careers
Voc Rehab Counselor I
The system is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
Employer contact information is available to registered logged-on job seekers who match the job posting requirements (some exceptions do apply). To benefit from all services available to you
Job Posting ID
Sep 11, 2013
Employer Posting No
Nov 24, 2013
Job Site Address
CROCKETT, Texas 75835
The Counselor I performs work in support of the mission, goals and values of DARS, and applies critical thinking skills and sound decision making in performance of routine rehabilitation work in one or more program areas: Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) including transition from high school to adult VR services, and or Independent Living (IL) and/or Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services (CRS). Work is performed using the DARS electronic case management system. The Counselor I is hired by the Area Manager (AM) with the approval of the Regional Director (RD), and works independently, with moderate supervision by the AM. The Counselor I will require substantial coaching and mentoring. Work performed supports employment or other defined outcomes for people with disabilities by:
• Developing and maintaining relations with community referral sources, businesses, employers and schools as applicable.
• Collecting and analyzing all information necessary to make an accurate eligibility decision (e.g. medical, psychological, school records, employment records, etc.)
• Assisting the consumer in choosing an appropriate employment or other rehabilitation goal by analyzing information to determine the consumer’s strengths, resources, priorities, concerns, abilities, capabilities and interests, and matching that information to the current job market, as appropriate.
• Working collaboratively with the consumer to develop a plan of services designed to achieve the consumer’s identified goals.
• Ensuring timely, cost-effective provision of services and consumer progress toward achievement of their goal.
• Developing and implementing a process leading to successful job placement or other planned outcome.
The Counselor I applies best value purchasing practices and uses available comparable benefits and services to ensure effective use of public funds.
During the first year of employment, the VRC I participates in a number of mandatory training activities.
Performs other duties as assigned and required to meet the mission and goals of the department and division.
oc Rehab Counselor I
Essential Job Functions
Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
1. Accurately determines eligibility for DARS services. (5%)
2. Demonstrates quality standards throughout the eligibility assessment process. (5%)
3. Provides counseling and guidance to support consumer informed choice. (10%)
4. Demonstrates quality standards in counseling and guidance by maintaining active and meaningful partnerships with consumers throughout their cases. (10%)
5. Supports the consumer through the assessing and planning process to identify an appropriate rehabilitation goal and services. (10%)
6. Demonstrates quality standards by engaging the consumer in the assessing and planning process to identify consumer needs and strategies to address them. (5%)
7. Provides reasonable and necessary planned services and appropriately closes cases, or transitions cases to adult VR. (10%)
8. Demonstrates quality standards in implementation of the consumer’s plan. (10%)
9. Accurately determines and documents level of significance of consumer’s disability. (5%)
10. Contributes to the success of the unit by meeting individual performance goals, and establishing and maintaining productive relationships with businesses and/or school, as applicable. (15%)
11. Applies sound decision making and best value purchasing principles to consumer purchases https://jobshrportal.cpa.texas.gov/ENG/CareerPortal/job_profile.cfm?szOrderID=239833 Copy the URL in the preceding sentence to an Internet Explorer browser to apply to the job directly through the Texas Health and Human Services Career Portal.</P>
Supervisory Experience Required
Between $3,110.00 / MO and $4,394.16 / MO
Full Time - 30 hours or more per week
Eagle Ford Shale Job
Answer the following before previewing and printing your application
State agencies will not accept incomplete applications. Complete the following fields if you are viewing and printing your application to submit to a state agency/university. Then select the Preview/Print State of Texas Application button to view your application. Use your browser print option to print.
Voc Rehab Counselor I
Job Posting Number
State Agency Name
DEPARTMENT OF ASSISTIVE AND REHABILITATIVE SVCS
Job Closing Date
Nov 24, 2013
Open Until Filled
Do you have any relatives working for this agency? If so, list names and relationships.
Limit 1000 characters
How did you first find out about this job?
01 - Other State Employee
02 - Job Fair
03 - Professional Publication
04 - Recruitment Poster
05 - Television
06 - Newspaper
Name of Newspaper
07 - College/University Career Day
08 - Human Resource/Personnel Office
09 - Radio
10 - Agency Web Site - Internet
11 - WorkInTexas.com
12 - Other (specify)
Workforce Solutions Office Directory