Skip to content
Logon to WorkInTexas.com
Forgot User ID?
By Occupation and Location
By State Agency / University
By Hot Careers
Administrative Assistant III
Employer contact information is available to registered logged-on job seekers who match the job posting requirements (some exceptions do apply). To benefit from all services available to you
Job Posting ID
Sep 13, 2013
Employer Posting No
Open Until Filled
Job Site Address
AUSTIN, Texas 78701
Perform moderately complex administrative work reviewing documents submitted to the Corporations Section to determine compliance with statutory filing requirements. Make decisions as to whether documents conform to law. Enter selected information from documents into a computer database. Communicate orally and in writing with attorneys and the public concerning filing of documents and reasons for objections to filing. Review standard documents with frequent use of reference materials. Comply with all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
• Determine what statutes and administrative rules are applicable to a given document, interpret those statutes and rules in accordance with agency guidelines, and apply them to the provisions set forth in the document.
• Enter selected information from documents into a computer database.
• Prepare written notification of statutory reasons for objecting to filing.
• Respond to moderately complex questions from attorneys and the public regarding statutory filing requirements for specified documents and methods and procedures for curing filing deficiencies.
• Use a PC to retrieve necessary information from the computer database to make a filing determination.
• Produce the appropriate evidence of filing the document including an acknowledgment letter and certificate evidencing filing.
• Produce and assemble documents for mailing and scanning.
• Batch documents received for processing.
• Public Information Report (PIR) review, PIR input, and other work as assigned by team leader.
YOUR APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT MUST SHOW HOW YOU MEET EACH OF THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS.
Education, experience, and training
• High school diploma or equivalent certificate.
• Data entry of a high volume of documents into a database in a fast paced environment. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures and of office equipment.
• Ability to type a minimum of 45 CWPM.
• Demonstrated ability to score 70% on a spelling test.
• Ability to work in a production-like environment to meet daily quotas.
• Ability to meet established deadlines.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to be flexible and quickly adjust to new situations and changing demands of the team and team leader.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• Ability to use a computer to retrieve, research, and provide information.
• Ability to read and understand policies and procedures and apply them to filing decisions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
• Ability to work as a member of a team and be an effective team player.
• Ability to perform duties in a stationary (seated) position with occasional periods of walking.
• Ability to lift and carry boxes weighing up to thirty (30) pounds.
• Must be willing to work overtime as required.
• Regular and punctual attendance.
• College degree preferred.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions and position responsibilities. Nothing in this job description restricts management's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Supervisory Experience Required
Between $2,478.83 / MO and $2,478.83 / MO
Additional Pay Details
Payday is monthly on the 1st business day of the month.
New employees are subject to a 90-day waiting period for medical insurance and membership in the retirement system.
Details about insurance and retirement benefits are available at http://www.ers.state.tx.us/Employees?
Medical/Health Insurance Plan
Other Insurance Plans
Other Paid Leave
Pre-Tax Programs for Child and Health Care
Eagle Ford Shale Job
Office Clerks, General
Minimum Experience and Education
0 yrs 6 mos
High School Diploma/GED
45 Words Per Minute
Basic Computer Skills
Data Entry Terminal (PDT, Mainframe Terminal, etc)
EMail Software (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc)
Peripheral Devices (Scanners, Printers, etc)
Answer the following before previewing and printing your application
State agencies will not accept incomplete applications. Complete the following fields if you are viewing and printing your application to submit to a state agency/university. Then select the Preview/Print State of Texas Application button to view your application. Use your browser print option to print.
Administrative Assistant III
Job Posting Number
State Agency Name
TEXAS SECRETARY OF STATE
Job Closing Date
Apr 23, 2014
Open Until Filled
Do you have any relatives working for this agency? If so, list names and relationships.
Limit 1000 characters
How did you first find out about this job?
01 - Other State Employee
02 - Job Fair
03 - Professional Publication
04 - Recruitment Poster
05 - Television
06 - Newspaper
Name of Newspaper
07 - College/University Career Day
08 - Human Resource/Personnel Office
09 - Radio
10 - Agency Web Site - Internet
11 - WorkInTexas.com
12 - Other (specify)
Workforce Solutions Office Directory