Skip to content
Logon to WorkInTexas.com
Forgot User ID?
By Occupation and Location
By State Agency / University
By Hot Careers
Employer contact information is available to registered logged-on job seekers who match the job posting requirements (some exceptions do apply). To benefit from all services available to you
Job Posting ID
Sep 12, 2017
Employer Posting No
Oct 12, 2017
Job Site Address
ROBINSON, Texas 76706
POSITION: LUBE TECHNICIAN
JOB PURPOSE: Performs required work on vehicles.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the supervisor
1. Prior vehicle maintenance experience required.
2. Willingness to complete or completion of the AOCA Certified Technicians Course is required.
3. Written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to read are essential.
4. Ability to provide appropriate technical communication to customers.
5. Exceptional customer service and customer relations skills are essential.
6. Ability to work in a professional environment.
7. Physical dexterity skills are required.
8. Qualified to obtain a State Safety Inspectors License.
9. Valid driver’s licence is necessary.
JOB RESULTS AND EXPECTATIONS:
1. Understands and supports the company’s policies and procedures in order to provide proper and effective treatment to all customers.
2. Completes all vehicle inspections in accordance with established procedures.
3. Performs service work requested in accordance with approved quality and efficiency standards as scheduled including removing drain plug, oil filter and grease fittings, pulling dip stick out 3 inches, recording vehicle litre size on worksheet, utilizing master filter catalog and Chek Chart and checking fluid levels for brakes, power steering, etc.
4. Communicates with the input technician, regarding vehicle information to be entered on the worksheet.
5. Checks belts, hoses, PCV, air cleaner, breather elements, etc., July 11and has the ability to record information on the computer and make suggestions to replace what is required to the customer.
6. Checks differentials, transfer case and manual transmission for fluid level; based on manufacturer’s specifications and mileage on the vehicle, determines if customer requires a fluid change.
7. Inspects the vehicle for any fluid leaks, records their findings and informs the customer.
8. Checks tire area and muffler/pipe area for damage.
9. Conducts final check of vehicle system before starting work on other vehicles.
10. Maintains work area by keeping it clean and organized in order to meet safety requirements.
11. Discards residual waste or hazardous materials using the proper disposal methods established.
12. Maintains a neat and professional appearance at all times.
13. Maintains technical competence by attending all classes and shop meetings as requested; reading service bulletins.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Experience Required
Medical/Health Insurance Plan
Overtime Hours Available
Eagle Ford Shale Job
Is this job related to Hurricane Harvey Clean-up/Restoration?
Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
License or Certification Required
License or Certification Type
Minimum Experience and Education
1 yrs 0 mos
High School Diploma/GED
English (Read, Write, Speak)
Answer the following before previewing and printing your application
State agencies will not accept incomplete applications. Complete the following fields if you are viewing and printing your application to submit to a state agency/university. Then select the Preview/Print State of Texas Application button to view your application. Use your browser print option to print.
Job Posting Number
The employer did not provide an internal job posting number. Please locate this number on their web site and enter it here: Job Posting Number.
State Agency Name
ROBINSON QUICK LUBE
Job Closing Date
Oct 12, 2017
Open Until Filled
Do you have any relatives working for this agency? If so, list names and relationships.
Limit 1000 characters
How did you first find out about this job?
01 - Other State Employee
02 - Job Fair
03 - Professional Publication
04 - Recruitment Poster
05 - Television
06 - Newspaper
Name of Newspaper
07 - College/University Career Day
08 - Human Resource/Personnel Office
09 - Radio
10 - Agency Web Site - Internet
11 - WorkInTexas.com
12 - Other (specify)
Workforce Solutions Office Directory