Skip to content
Logon to WorkInTexas.com
Forgot User ID?
By Occupation and Location
By State Agency / University
By Hot Careers
Meter Reader 1
Employer contact information is available to registered logged-on job seekers who match the job posting requirements (some exceptions do apply). To benefit from all services available to you
Job Posting ID
Mar 15, 2018
Employer Posting No
Apr 16, 2018
Job Site Address
FORT WORTH, Texas 76701
Under close to general supervision, entry level position responsible for reading residential, commercial and industrial gas meters and recording gas usage.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LIST ALL OF THE DUTIES THAT ARE OR MAY BE PERFORMED IN THIS POSITION.
1. Performs basic work using clearly prescribed procedures. Seeks advice and guidance for any deviations from the norm.
2. Reads gas meters for residential, commercial and industrial customers. Records readings for billing purposes.
1. Identifies, addresses, and reports safety and encroachment issues.
2. Is responsible for the safe operation and inspection of assigned Company vehicles and equipment.
3. Demonstrates support for and adheres to the Company's values, strategies, policies and procedures and learns the core values of AtmoSpirit, Customer Service, Safety and the Company's Code of Conduct both as an individual contributor, team member and/or leader of others.
4. Must become familiar with the contents of the Safety Manual, live by the spirit of its intent and become involved in creating and maintaining a safe working environment. Must complete all required safety training.
Requires a valid driver's license.
Certificates, Licenses, etc.
Must obtain and maintain Operator Qualifications (OQs) and classroom training for position and any other required OQs and classroom training or certifications.
Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers in order to obtain and/or provide basic factual information.
Requires the ability to perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Requires basic computer skills for data entry, reference and/or retrieval tasks.
Works in an outdoor environment.
Requires some physical requirements such as lifting and moving objects up to 60 pounds; extensive walking to read meters and operation of hand and mechanical equipment.
Requires the acute sense of sight and hearing (corrected or uncorrected) and strong sense of smell.
Requires visual attention to detail in reading meter numbers accurately and recording them for billing purposes.
As a Safety-Sensitive position, pre and post employment screenings, including but not limited to drug testing as outlined by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and Pipeline & Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), and motor vehicle record (MVR) background checks are required.
Atmos Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Supervisory Experience Required
Eagle Ford Shale Job
Is this job related to Hurricane Harvey Clean-up/Restoration?
Electrical Engineering Technicians
Minimum Experience and Education
0 yrs 0 mos
High School Diploma/GED
Answer the following before previewing and printing your application
State agencies will not accept incomplete applications. Complete the following fields if you are viewing and printing your application to submit to a state agency/university. Then select the Preview/Print State of Texas Application button to view your application. Use your browser print option to print.
Meter Reader 1
Job Posting Number
State Agency Name
ATMOS ENERGY CORPORATION
Job Closing Date
Apr 16, 2018
Open Until Filled
Do you have any relatives working for this agency? If so, list names and relationships.
Limit 1000 characters
How did you first find out about this job?
01 - Other State Employee
02 - Job Fair
03 - Professional Publication
04 - Recruitment Poster
05 - Television
06 - Newspaper
Name of Newspaper
07 - College/University Career Day
08 - Human Resource/Personnel Office
09 - Radio
10 - Agency Web Site - Internet
11 - WorkInTexas.com
12 - Other (specify)
Workforce Solutions Office Directory