Skip to content
Logon to WorkInTexas.com
Forgot User ID?
By Occupation and Location
By State Agency / University
By Hot Careers
Crude Oil Pipeline Scheduler
Employer contact information is available to registered logged-on job seekers who match the job posting requirements (some exceptions do apply). To benefit from all services available to you
Job Posting ID
Apr 19, 2018
Employer Posting No
May 20, 2018
Job Site Address
SUGAR LAND, Texas 77478
- Directly responsible for scheduling oil movements on various ETP Crude Oil Pipelines.
- Accountable for issuing daily scheduling orders to Control Center, field personnel, terminal operators and customers in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Scheduling orders reflect close coordination of receipts, and inventories which ensures ratability of deliveries to customers.
- In charge of receiving, analyzing, and determining acceptance of shipper nominations by working closely with the Monthly Pipeline Scheduler, and at times entering them into SXL's proprietary system.
- Directly responsible for verifying daily activities for each customer from origin to destination prior to and after the close of financial system.
- Works closely with shippers, operation coordinators, pipe line controllers, engineers and field personnel to coordinate events in pipeline activity that affect the movement of product.
- Communicate system capabilities and deficiencies each month to various groups.
- Provide analytical support when necessary to Oil Movement, Business Development, and other departments on projects for continuous improvement and business growth.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in crude oil and/or product pipeline movements.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written), and good interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer focus and excellent interpersonal skills required
- Must be extremely flexible and able to adapt quickly to changes resulting from pipeline interruptions or refinery changes.
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills required.
- Proficiency using PC applications, specifically Excel
- Ability to quickly learn proprietary systems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in product movements in the pipeline industry or related fields.
- Industry experience is preferred however not required.
- Must have strong customer focus, leadership skills, be team orientated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication, planning, and coordination skills are required in this position in order to effectively handle the coordination of shipper/customer requests; shipping and/or delivery windows; hydraulic & power considerations; line work and/or other maintenance issues.
- Responsible for providing 24-hr on-call support for area of responsibility including weekends and holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications
Employer's Job# 8983-323
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.
Supervisory Experience Required
Additional Pay Details
Dependent on Experience
Eagle Ford Shale Job
Is this job related to Hurricane Harvey Clean-up/Restoration?
Production Workers, All Other
Minimum Experience and Education
0 yrs 0 mos
Answer the following before previewing and printing your application
State agencies will not accept incomplete applications. Complete the following fields if you are viewing and printing your application to submit to a state agency/university. Then select the Preview/Print State of Texas Application button to view your application. Use your browser print option to print.
Crude Oil Pipeline Scheduler
Job Posting Number
State Agency Name
ENERGY TRANSFER CO
Job Closing Date
May 20, 2018
Open Until Filled
Do you have any relatives working for this agency? If so, list names and relationships.
Limit 1000 characters
How did you first find out about this job?
01 - Other State Employee
02 - Job Fair
03 - Professional Publication
04 - Recruitment Poster
05 - Television
06 - Newspaper
Name of Newspaper
07 - College/University Career Day
08 - Human Resource/Personnel Office
09 - Radio
10 - Agency Web Site - Internet
11 - WorkInTexas.com
12 - Other (specify)
Workforce Solutions Office Directory