Skip to content
Logon to WorkInTexas.com
Forgot User ID?
By Occupation and Location
By State Agency / University
By Hot Careers
Employer contact information is available to registered logged-on job seekers who match the job posting requirements (some exceptions do apply). To benefit from all services available to you
Job Posting ID
Apr 25, 2018
Employer Posting No
May 24, 2018
Job Site Address
HOUSTON, Texas 77001
ENGINEER I (1800017P)
Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America's largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you'll see that we are building more than infrastructure-together, we are building your future.
This position is responsible for providing technical engineering and cost information to ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Assist with job controls to ensure compliance with contract, budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing.
2. Interpret design/drawings for craft workers installing material to ensure specifications are followed.
3. Research and recommend resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interference, and errors, to verify that all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawing and specifications.
4. Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, to supervisor to provide accuracy.
5. Provide technical support and direction regarding project material controls including delivery dates, construction schedules and design requirements to ensure additional costs are minimized.
6. Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, and estimates to meet changing job requirements.
7. Provide necessary building control lines and elevations for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials to ensure a quality job.
8. Develop job essential data including quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per man hour, and equipment to ensure accurate estimates and bids.
9. Research historical data and productivity analysis reports in order to compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
10. Maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures to support accuracy of bid submission.
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
* 0 - 2 years construction estimating support, engineering, field support, or similar experience.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
* Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Scheduling and AGTEK Take-off software.
* Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawing and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline.
* Ability to perform trigonometric calculation either manually or with a calculator.
* Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.
* Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
* Team player
* Ability and willingness to abide by Granite's Code of Conduct on a daily basis
* Valid driver's license and ability to drive
About Granite Construction ... For full info follow application link.
Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Supervisory Experience Required
Eagle Ford Shale Job
Is this job related to Hurricane Harvey Clean-up/Restoration?
Minimum Experience and Education
0 yrs 0 mos
Answer the following before previewing and printing your application
State agencies will not accept incomplete applications. Complete the following fields if you are viewing and printing your application to submit to a state agency/university. Then select the Preview/Print State of Texas Application button to view your application. Use your browser print option to print.
Job Posting Number
State Agency Name
GRANITE CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
Job Closing Date
May 24, 2018
Open Until Filled
Do you have any relatives working for this agency? If so, list names and relationships.
Limit 1000 characters
How did you first find out about this job?
01 - Other State Employee
02 - Job Fair
03 - Professional Publication
04 - Recruitment Poster
05 - Television
06 - Newspaper
Name of Newspaper
07 - College/University Career Day
08 - Human Resource/Personnel Office
09 - Radio
10 - Agency Web Site - Internet
11 - WorkInTexas.com
12 - Other (specify)
Workforce Solutions Office Directory