Skip to content
Logon to WorkInTexas.com
Forgot User ID?
By Occupation and Location
By State Agency / University
By Hot Careers
Machinist, First Class
Employer contact information is available to registered logged-on job seekers who match the job posting requirements (some exceptions do apply). To benefit from all services available to you
Job Posting ID
May 03, 2018
Employer Posting No
Jul 02, 2018
Job Site Address
HOUSTON, Texas 77001
Machinist, First Class
LyondellBasell's Houston Refinery, one of the largest refineries designed to process heavy, high-sulfur crude oil is in search of a First Class Machinist. Our 268,000-barrel-per-day refinery is strategically located on the U.S. Gulf Coast with access to interstate pipelines and the Port of Houston. The facility covers approximately 700 acres at the city limits of Houston and Pasadena, Texas. The Houston Refinery was one of the first petroleum refineries constructed on the Houston Ship Channel and traces its origin to 1918. What makes us great is our people because they make great things happen. LyondellBasell employees take pride in what they do because they know it makes a real difference to our customers.
For more information about LyondellBasell, please visit www.lyb.com.
The First Class Machinist is a direct-hire position with a competitive salary, bonus, 401K matching and benefits package.
The 1st Class Millwright/Machinist applies mechanical skills and related knowledge in the testing, trouble-shooting, teardown/rebuilding, and repairing of mechanical/machinery equipment in a large refinery; Tests, trouble-shoots, rebuilds, and repairs pumps. gearboxes, turbines, fin fans, mixers, perform alignments utilizing reverse dial indicator, laser alignment and other assigned rotating equipment to engineering data and knowledge of mechanical machinery principles. Able to perform PvM on assigned equipment. Able to measure record all as found and as left measurements and clearances. Must be familiar with the operation of shop machinery, including but not limited to lathes, small vertical mills and drill presses.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills/knowledge in the millwright discipline by a hands-on demonstration test and by presenting an NCCER certification in the millwright discipline. The successful candidate is experienced in all commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within the millwright field.
* Requires a High School diploma/or GED.
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* 5 - 10 years' experience working with rotating and machinery related equipment and systems required.
* Current NCCER certification in the millwright discipline
* Must be able to obtain and maintain TWIC certification
* Ability to pass a hands on proficiency test
* Able to read, write, and speak the English language
* Willing and able to work additional hours as needed
* Willing to work with hazardous and/or flammable chemicals (with proper safety precautions, training, and equipment)
* Willing to work around and/or manually interact with heavy equipment
* Willing and able to work outside, year round under various weather conditions
* Willing and able to stand and walk for extended periods of time and in environments that require frequent bending, reaching and lifting
* Willing and able to work in tight or confined spaces and at heights above 25 feet by climbing stairs and vertical ladders
* Willing and able to satisfy all requirements and perform all emergency response functions and responsibilities
* Willing and able to work independently and in a team atmosphere
* Must be able to understand and adhere to strict environmental, health, safety, security and quality policies
* Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a diverse set of cross functional groups
* Ability to read and interpret standard operating procedures
* Complete tasks wearing required personal protective equipment which may include fire protective clothing, goggles, face shields, gloves, steel toe boots, hearing protection, respirators, etc.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
* Must have basic computer skills
* Pass pre-employment testing including a physical, drug and alcohol screening, and background check
* Machinist, First Class
Supervisory Experience Required
Eagle Ford Shale Job
Is this job related to Hurricane Harvey Clean-up/Restoration?
Minimum Experience and Education
5 yrs 0 mos
No Education Requirement
Answer the following before previewing and printing your application
State agencies will not accept incomplete applications. Complete the following fields if you are viewing and printing your application to submit to a state agency/university. Then select the Preview/Print State of Texas Application button to view your application. Use your browser print option to print.
Machinist, First Class
Job Posting Number
State Agency Name
LYONDELL CHEMICAL CO
Job Closing Date
Jul 2, 2018
Open Until Filled
Do you have any relatives working for this agency? If so, list names and relationships.
Limit 1000 characters
How did you first find out about this job?
01 - Other State Employee
02 - Job Fair
03 - Professional Publication
04 - Recruitment Poster
05 - Television
06 - Newspaper
Name of Newspaper
07 - College/University Career Day
08 - Human Resource/Personnel Office
09 - Radio
10 - Agency Web Site - Internet
11 - WorkInTexas.com
12 - Other (specify)
Workforce Solutions Office Directory