Skip to content
Logon to WorkInTexas.com
Forgot User ID?
By Occupation and Location
By State Agency / University
By Hot Careers
Customer Support Associate
Employer contact information is available to registered logged-on job seekers who match the job posting requirements (some exceptions do apply). To benefit from all services available to you
Job Posting ID
May 31, 2018
Employer Posting No
Jul 05, 2018
Job Site Address
WACO, Texas 76712
Responsible for performing basic customer support activities, including billing review and adjustment, service order creation and emergency call handling. Maintains working knowledge of Atmos Energy customer service policies, procedures and systems.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LIST ALL OF THE DUTIES THAT ARE OR MAY BE PERFORMED IN THIS POSITION.
1. Responds to current and/or prospective customers regarding service connections, disconnections, marketing programs, billing questions and payment arrangements. This contact is primarily by phone, but may also include other forms of communication. (20%)
2. Receives and processes transactions and requests based on designated level of authority. Forwards other issues to appropriate level of responsibility. (20%)
3. Analyzes, evaluates and addresses customer issues utilizing current company policy. (20%)
4. Reviews, analyzes and corrects errors on customer accounts to ensure accuracy using an online Customer Information System. Communicates correct information to customers in a timely manner. (20%)
5. Researches potential discrepancies on customer accounts and takes appropriate action to verify customer identity, address(es) and delinquent accounts as required. (10%)
6. Handles customer calls to ensure responsiveness to natural gas and other potential emergency situations, exercising caution and adhering to standardized processes. (10%)
A general educational knowledge normally acquired through a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED); and successful completion of the Customer Service Assessment, demonstrating communication and customer service skills.
Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Requires the ability to perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Requires intermediate computer skills for data entry, reference and/or retrieval tasks.
Previous experience with a Customer Information System is a plus.
Works in an indoor environment.
Occasionally requires performing activities including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and/or lifting. May require sitting for long periods of time.
As a safety sensitive position, pre and post-employment screenings, including but not limited to drug testing as outlined by the Department of Transportation and Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administration are required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Supervisory Experience Required
Eagle Ford Shale Job
Is this job related to Hurricane Harvey Clean-up/Restoration?
Customer Service Representatives
Minimum Experience and Education
0 yrs 0 mos
High School Diploma/GED
Answer the following before previewing and printing your application
State agencies will not accept incomplete applications. Complete the following fields if you are viewing and printing your application to submit to a state agency/university. Then select the Preview/Print State of Texas Application button to view your application. Use your browser print option to print.
Customer Support Associate
Job Posting Number
State Agency Name
ATMOS ENERGY CORPORATION
Job Closing Date
Jul 5, 2018
Open Until Filled
Do you have any relatives working for this agency? If so, list names and relationships.
Limit 1000 characters
How did you first find out about this job?
01 - Other State Employee
02 - Job Fair
03 - Professional Publication
04 - Recruitment Poster
05 - Television
06 - Newspaper
Name of Newspaper
07 - College/University Career Day
08 - Human Resource/Personnel Office
09 - Radio
10 - Agency Web Site - Internet
11 - WorkInTexas.com
12 - Other (specify)
Workforce Solutions Office Directory