Skip to content
Logon to WorkInTexas.com
Forgot User ID?
By Occupation and Location
By State Agency / University
By Hot Careers
Field Service Representative - Critical Power
Employer contact information is available to registered logged-on job seekers who match the job posting requirements (some exceptions do apply). To benefit from all services available to you
Job Posting ID
Mar 26, 2019
Employer Posting No
Apr 29, 2019
Job Site Address
WACO, Texas 76798
What do you get to do in this position?
Performs assembly, startup, diagnostic, repair and preventive maintenance work as directed by the District Service Manager / Region Director on Company manufactured, as well as third party manufactured equipment.
* Perform pre-site, startup, repair, preventive maintenance and field modification on Company manufactured equipment as assigned by the Customer Care Center.
* Provides site supervision to other FSE's on assigned projects.
* Complete all administrative responsibilities on all work activities including field service reports, expense reports, preventive maintenance and startup data sheets and daily time card completion.
* Provide telephone support for customers and Field Service Associates.
* Work with customers, electricians, sales partners, technical support, DSM and RSD to resolve escalated issues.
* Must operate within all Company published guidelines.
* Demonstrate positive customer relationship building and management skills.
* Satisfactorily complete assigned product and customer relation skills training courses.
* Customer familiarization and Operator Training Class presentations.
* On the job training of Field Service Associates.
* Conducts training seminars for Field Service Associates and or approved Service Partners.
* Performs site visits with Service Partners, evaluates technical and professional performance.
* Assists Field Project Manager on larger system startups, will assume some project management responsibilities as required.
* Will act on behalf of the District Service Manager to resolve operational issues as required.
* Other duties as assigned by the District Service Manager and or Regional Service Director
This job might be for you if:
* Associate degree preferred or similar experience in electronics, electrical theory or similar discipline desirable and or military training equivalent.
* 2-4 years of field service repair and customer service with UPS, electrical, electro-mechanical or electronics related equipment required. Minimum 2-3 years' experience as a Field Service Engineer or equivalent industry experience.
* Must be proficient at 3 phase multi module systems as required by the local District Service Manager.
* Computer literacy with standard business applications.
* Complete competence at utilizing test and diagnostic equipment such as oscilloscope, digital voltmeter, AC clamp meter, load banks and other electronic test devices.
* Superior customer relations and interaction skills.
* Fully adept at reading and interpreting schematics, drawings and theory of operation manuals.
* Thorough understanding of principles of AC and DC power , various AC and DC supply circuit components.
* Driving and safe vehicle operation skills.
* Characteristics include self-starter, team player, punctual, personal and professional integrity, trainable, problem solver, organized, professional appearance, flexible, customer oriented and safety oriented.
* Capable of reciting and displaying appropriate safety techniques and practices associated with job requirements.
* Ability to write business reports, correspondence, procedures, effectively present information and respond to customer questions.
* Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Must be able to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time. Must be agile and mobile with respect to finger, hand, arm and leg movement.
* Must be able to communicate (speak and hear) effectively to various intellectual levels.
* Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
* Must be able to see and focus clearly up close as well as short distances
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for our Company: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of our Company to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Supervisory Experience Required
Additional Pay Details
Depends On Experience
Eagle Ford Shale Job
Is this job related to Hurricane Harvey Clean-up/Restoration?
Customer Service Representatives
Minimum Experience and Education
2 yrs 0 mos
Answer the following before previewing and printing your application
State agencies will not accept incomplete applications. Complete the following fields if you are viewing and printing your application to submit to a state agency/university. Then select the Preview/Print State of Texas Application button to view your application. Use your browser print option to print.
Field Service Representative - Critical Power
Job Posting Number
State Agency Name
Job Closing Date
Apr 29, 2019
Open Until Filled
Do you have any relatives working for this agency? If so, list names and relationships.
Limit 1000 characters
How did you first find out about this job?
01 - Other State Employee
02 - Job Fair
03 - Professional Publication
04 - Recruitment Poster
05 - Television
06 - Newspaper
Name of Newspaper
07 - College/University Career Day
08 - Human Resource/Personnel Office
09 - Radio
10 - Agency Web Site - Internet
11 - WorkInTexas.com
12 - Other (specify)
Workforce Solutions Office Directory