Skip to content
Logon to WorkInTexas.com
Forgot User ID?
By Occupation and Location
By State Agency / University
By Hot Careers
DPS - DLD - Customer Svc Rep II, Reg Ops
Employer contact information is available to registered logged-on job seekers who match the job posting requirements (some exceptions do apply). To benefit from all services available to you
Job Posting ID
Apr 11, 2019
Employer Posting No
May 26, 2019
Job Site Address
SNYDER, Texas 79549
Please paste the following URL into a browser to view the entire job posting in the CAPPS Career Section: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=00004972
PLEASE NOTE: All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.SUBMITTED THROUGH WORK IN TEXAS: Work In Texas (WIT) applicants must complete the supplemental questions to be considered for the posting. In order to complete the supplemental questions please go to CAPPS Recruit to register or login and access your profile. Go to CAPPS Recruit to Sign In https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=enGENERAL DESCRIPTION
Performs routine office support functions in a Driver License Examination and Renewal Office. Determines the legal needs and requirements of driver license and identification card applicants. Meets and screens applicants, administers written and visual tests, prepares application forms and collects license application fees. Answers general information questions pertaining to driver license laws and driver licensing procedures, safety responsibility laws and procedures, other Department services and services available at other state agencies, and other traffic laws. Receives and responds to telephone inquiries from the general public. Work is performed under limited supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Work is performed under general direction in rural locations.
The following Military Occupational Specialty codes are generally applicable to this position. Applicants must fully complete the summary of experience to determine if minimum qualifications are met. 36B, 0100, 0111, 3A1X1, 3M0X1, 3A
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Meets and deals with the general public in professional and courteous manner; answers general questions pertaining to applications for various types of driver licenses and identification cards, questions pertaining to traffic laws, driver license, commercial driver license, and safety responsibility laws, driver education, driver improvement, insurance requirements, voter's registration, organ donation, Department employment, and other Department and state agency services.
2. Determines the legal needs and requirements of driver license and identification card applicants. Screens application forms to ensure applicant qualification.
3. Performs basic check of physical driving capabilities of applicants by evaluation during observation and interviews of hearing, mental, visual, or physical restrictions, and potential driving limitations due to various medications and their dosage quantities; checks for adequacy of applicant's eyesight through use of vision tester; prepares supplemental forms as necessary when potential physical problems or restrictions are identified; determines referrals to Medical Advisory Board and/or to a vision specialist for further evaluation.
4. Inspects motor vehicles for safety prior to road test; verifies evidence of financial responsibility; checks for registration and/or reciprocity; and describes road test basics to applicant.
5. Assumes responsibility of certifying drivers as reasonable risks or disapproving drivers as unreasonable risks.
6. Makes and properly interprets National Driver Records (NDR), Problem Driver Pointer System (PDPS), and Commercial Driver License Information System (CDLIS) and other external system inquiries to determine applicants' eligibility for licensing.
7. Collects appropriate license fees and prepares receipts; ensures and accepts accountability that monies received balance with receipts issued; captures photograph of applicants, their signatures, and their fingerprints.
8. Checks accuracy of original, renewal, and duplicate license applications, driver education certificates, school attendance forms, insurance documents, registrations, and notarizes forms; ensures source document data input to basic state records is correct to prevent future master record changes; and verifies and scrutinizes documents presented for authenticity.
9. Advises applicants of suspensions, cancellations and revocations, and advises how to qualify.
10. Administers and grades written and oral driver examinations. May interpret for foreign language speaking applicants. Schedules applicants for driving tests. Operates automated testing machines to measure driver license applicants' knowledge of traffic laws and driving practices. Utilizes computers and digital imaging workstations for capture of applicants' portrait, thumbprint, and signature.
11. Provides information and testimony for the Department in administrative, driver improvement, safety responsibility, and judicial hearings as necessary in prosecution of criminal cases and administrative hearings.
12. Screens application forms to ensure applicant qualification and administers oaths as necessary.
Qualifications: GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
Education - Graduation from a standard senior high school or the equivalent.
Experience - Minimum of two (2) years of full-time general office/customer service experience. Cash handling experience preferred but not required. Preferred experience will include at least 1 year customer service experience in dealing with the public in person and over the telephone. Must pass certification with 80% or better score to advance to Customer Service Representative III.
Licensure and/or Certification - Valid Texas driver license required. If hired with a valid out of state driver license, a Texas license must be obtained within ninety (90) days of moving to Texas. If moving within the state of Texas, a valid Texas license must be obtained within thirty (30)
Supervisory Experience Required
Between $2,249.18 / MO and $2,454.18 / MO
Eagle Ford Shale Job
Is this job related to Hurricane Harvey Clean-up/Restoration?
Customer Service Representatives
Minimum Experience and Education
0 yrs 0 mos
No Education Requirement
Answer the following before previewing and printing your application
State agencies will not accept incomplete applications. Complete the following fields if you are viewing and printing your application to submit to a state agency/university. Then select the Preview/Print State of Texas Application button to view your application. Use your browser print option to print.
DPS - DLD - Customer Svc Rep II, Reg Ops
Job Posting Number
State Agency Name
TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
Job Closing Date
May 26, 2019
Open Until Filled
Do you have any relatives working for this agency? If so, list names and relationships.
Limit 1000 characters
How did you first find out about this job?
01 - Other State Employee
02 - Job Fair
03 - Professional Publication
04 - Recruitment Poster
05 - Television
06 - Newspaper
Name of Newspaper
07 - College/University Career Day
08 - Human Resource/Personnel Office
09 - Radio
10 - Agency Web Site - Internet
11 - WorkInTexas.com
12 - Other (specify)
Workforce Solutions Office Directory