Skip to content
Logon to WorkInTexas.com
Forgot User ID?
By Occupation and Location
By State Agency / University
By Hot Careers
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST ASST
Employer contact information is available to registered logged-on job seekers who match the job posting requirements (some exceptions do apply). To benefit from all services available to you
Job Posting ID
May 09, 2019
Employer Posting No
Jul 04, 2019
Job Site Address
WACO, Texas 76701
A licensed professional who provides coordinated care to patients of all age groups. Plans, implements, and evaluates patients care plans to restore or maintain patient well-being. Evaluated occupational roles and occupational performance of patients with physical, psychosocial and/or cognitive impairments. Provides intervention to deficits and elicits responses. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team
* Provides care utilizing infection control measures that protect both the staff and the patient (OSHA)
* Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and competency; i.e., attending in-services, as required by regulation; participates in in-service programs
* Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients
* Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payors
* Provides effective communication to patient/family, team members, physician, and other health care professionals to ensure coordination of services; provides appropriate referrals, as necessary
* Performs initial and ongoing clinical assessments (Agency/OASIS); evaluates sensory-motor neuromuscular, psychosocial, and cognitive-perceptual components of occupational behavior.
* Assesses physical, social, safety, and cultural components of the patient s occupational environment.
* Teaches client/family disease process and treatments needed.
* Fabricates and maintains adaptive equipment and hand splints
* Performs and oversees other team members, when applicable, in the performance of patient care that is consistent with patients needs and desires, including home health aide and COTA supervision
* Documents, prepares, and completes a Plan of Care, progress notes, phone orders, and other clinical record documentation on an ongoing basis, including identification of therapy barriers and desired outcomes and goal setting; revises the POC based on evaluation and ongoing assessment data; plans for discharge of patient
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
* Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy
* Current State License as an Occupational Therapist
* Valid Driver s License.
* Current CPR, negative TB screen and Hepatitis consent/declination
* Two years experience as an Occupational Therapist in an acute care or rehabilitation setting.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Therapy skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of durable medical equipment
Employer's Job# 2019-19515
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.
Supervisory Experience Required
Additional Pay Details
Dependent on Experience
Eagle Ford Shale Job
Is this job related to Hurricane Harvey Clean-up/Restoration?
Occupational Therapist Assistants
Minimum Experience and Education
2 yrs 0 mos
Answer the following before previewing and printing your application
State agencies will not accept incomplete applications. Complete the following fields if you are viewing and printing your application to submit to a state agency/university. Then select the Preview/Print State of Texas Application button to view your application. Use your browser print option to print.
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST ASST
Job Posting Number
State Agency Name
EMS MGMT LLC
Job Closing Date
Jul 4, 2019
Open Until Filled
Do you have any relatives working for this agency? If so, list names and relationships.
Limit 1000 characters
How did you first find out about this job?
01 - Other State Employee
02 - Job Fair
03 - Professional Publication
04 - Recruitment Poster
05 - Television
06 - Newspaper
Name of Newspaper
07 - College/University Career Day
08 - Human Resource/Personnel Office
09 - Radio
10 - Agency Web Site - Internet
11 - WorkInTexas.com
12 - Other (specify)
Workforce Solutions Office Directory