Skip to content
Logon to WorkInTexas.com
Forgot User ID?
By Occupation and Location
By State Agency / University
By Hot Careers
Employer contact information is available to registered logged-on job seekers who match the job posting requirements (some exceptions do apply). To benefit from all services available to you
Job Posting ID
May 14, 2019
Employer Posting No
Jun 13, 2019
Job Site Address
TERRELL, Texas 75160
Basic Job Functions:
* Support help desk contact for user requests - software and hardware related
* Monitor support ticketing system (Sysaid) and respond to or route tickets to appropriate support group within Nucor and bring to resolution
* Desktop and Laptop PC support that involves repairs, imaging, and configuration
* Support the entire division's internal and third-party software and licensing
* Responsible for support of copiers and printers, including coordination of repairs with outside vendors
* Responsible for keeping an inventory of supplies and moving equipment between offices when needed
* Setup, configure and maintain all mobile devices connected to the Nucor Network
* Manage Active Directory and user/computer and security accounts
* Manage SCCM for software pushes and Carbon Black for all client PC antivirus software
* Support operations during off-hours while "on-call" as needed.
* Perform other duties a s assigned by the Controller
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
* 2-year experience in a helpdesk technician/support role in an IT department supporting multiple departments and end users.
* 2-year experience with supporting Microsoft Windows 7,8,10, Office 365 and Microsoft Active Directory in a Microsoft Server 2012R2/2016 Server environment.
* High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
* Microsoft system Center Configuration Manager class with a passing score on the Microsoft 70-703 exam
* Education or experience in Windows Server Administration, VMware vSphere and MS Hyper V
* Experience working with Microsoft Great Plains 2016
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
Supervisory Experience Required
Additional Pay Details
Depends on Experience
Eagle Ford Shale Job
Is this job related to Hurricane Harvey Clean-up/Restoration?
Computer Support Specialists
Minimum Experience and Education
1 yrs 6 mos
High School Diploma/GED
Answer the following before previewing and printing your application
State agencies will not accept incomplete applications. Complete the following fields if you are viewing and printing your application to submit to a state agency/university. Then select the Preview/Print State of Texas Application button to view your application. Use your browser print option to print.
Job Posting Number
State Agency Name
NUCOR BUILDING SYSTEMS TEXAS
Job Closing Date
Jun 13, 2019
Open Until Filled
Do you have any relatives working for this agency? If so, list names and relationships.
Limit 1000 characters
How did you first find out about this job?
01 - Other State Employee
02 - Job Fair
03 - Professional Publication
04 - Recruitment Poster
05 - Television
06 - Newspaper
Name of Newspaper
07 - College/University Career Day
08 - Human Resource/Personnel Office
09 - Radio
10 - Agency Web Site - Internet
11 - WorkInTexas.com
12 - Other (specify)
Workforce Solutions Office Directory