Skip to content
Logon to WorkInTexas.com
Forgot User ID?
By Occupation and Location
By State Agency / University
By Hot Careers
Agent - Airport Customer Service
Employer contact information is available to registered logged-on job seekers who match the job posting requirements (some exceptions do apply). To benefit from all services available to you
Job Posting ID
May 16, 2019
Employer Posting No
Jun 03, 2019
Job Site Address
WACO, Texas 76708
Our Airport/Station Agents perform a variety of tasks to keep our ground operations running safely, efficiently and on-time. Interested in working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment? Envoy offers competitive benefits and awesome flight privileges!
* Load and unload of baggage, cargo, freight, and company materials on and off aircraft
* Transport items between terminals, aircraft and the bag room using belt-loaders, tugs, carts and other vehicles/equipment
* Marshal aircraft which requires working closely with teammates to ensure there is a safe path for the aircraft, jetbridge, vehicles, and equipment
* Clean and service cabin interiors, including seatback pockets, seat cushions, tray tables, overhead bins, cockpit, galley, and the lavatory which also include following procedures to properly drain the lavatory
* De-ice aircraft which requires using equipment to apply chemicals/compounds, if applicable
* Answer inquiries regarding general travel information
* Promote and sell air travel with American Airlines, American Eagle, and/or other contracted carriers
* Prepare itineraries, compute fares, issue refunds, prepare/issue tickets, check baggage and collect excess baggage charges
* Perform duties in the departure lounges or at boarding gates when enplaning and deplaning passengers
* Escort passengers from the terminal to and from aircraft ensuring a safe path at all times
* Complete all necessary arrangements for accommodating passengers with reservations and stand-by passengers, including cabin upgrades
* Determine flight close-out times and prepare, complete and check various flight forms for accuracy
* For a more visual insight of what the Station Agent position entails, check out our "Behind the Scenes at Envoy" clip:
* In this role, Agents must be able to perform all duties under sometimes stressful conditions beyond the employee's control while attempting to influence a favorable impression of American Eagle, American Airlines or any other contracted airline service provided by Envoy. Must be able to work with minimal supervision be self-motivated and safety conscious.
* Minimum Age: 18
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* Must possess a valid state driver's license; some license restrictions may prohibit a candidate from being eligible for this position
* Must be able to carry, bend, lift and turn with bags weighing up to 75 lbs.
* Ability to work rotating shifts including nights, holidays, weekends, days off, and be able to report to work on a regular and timely basis
* Requires flexibility to work additional hours beyond the regular shift, on short notice, and as needed due to operational necessity
* Must be able to perform all duties in various weather conditions and time constraints
* Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
* Possess the legal right to work in the United States
* A minimum of one year of customer service experience
* Some locations may desire previous airline experience including working knowledge of an airline's ticketing system and/or ramp operations
* Tattoos, body piercings and/or tongue rings may not be visible while in company issued uniform at any time; tattoos cannot be covered with adhesive bandages or by other methods to render them not visible.
* The Company will pay fifty percent (50%) for the new hire employee's first basic uniform set and the employee will pay fifty percent (50%) unless prohibited by local or state law.
* Candidates must fulfill a fingerprint based criminal background check to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
* Candidates must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, in addition to clearing other airport related requirements, if applicable.
* This position may be subject to the Department of Transportation (DOT). Federal law requires Envoy to determine a candidate's history with the DOT drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Supervisory Experience Required
Eagle Ford Shale Job
Is this job related to Hurricane Harvey Clean-up/Restoration?
Customer Service Representatives
Minimum Experience and Education
0 yrs 0 mos
High School Diploma/GED
Answer the following before previewing and printing your application
State agencies will not accept incomplete applications. Complete the following fields if you are viewing and printing your application to submit to a state agency/university. Then select the Preview/Print State of Texas Application button to view your application. Use your browser print option to print.
Agent - Airport Customer Service
Job Posting Number
State Agency Name
Job Closing Date
Jun 3, 2019
Open Until Filled
Do you have any relatives working for this agency? If so, list names and relationships.
Limit 1000 characters
How did you first find out about this job?
01 - Other State Employee
02 - Job Fair
03 - Professional Publication
04 - Recruitment Poster
05 - Television
06 - Newspaper
Name of Newspaper
07 - College/University Career Day
08 - Human Resource/Personnel Office
09 - Radio
10 - Agency Web Site - Internet
11 - WorkInTexas.com
12 - Other (specify)
Workforce Solutions Office Directory