Skip to content
Logon to WorkInTexas.com
Forgot User ID?
By Occupation and Location
By State Agency / University
By Hot Careers
Employer contact information is available to registered logged-on job seekers who match the job posting requirements (some exceptions do apply). To benefit from all services available to you
Job Posting ID
May 09, 2019
Employer Posting No
Jul 13, 2019
Job Site Address
WACO, Texas 76701
Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is a full-service consulting firm offering planning, engineering and program management services. Founded in 1935, LAN has grown from its humble beginnings as a small Houston firm to a national leader in the heavy civil infrastructure engineering industry. A division of LEO A DALY, an international architecture/engineering firm, LAN has access to the expertise of nearly 800 professionals in 31 offices across the country.
"We believe everything we do is for the enrichment of the human experience."
• Inspect Contractor's work to assure it is in accordance with contract plans and specifications, and in accordance with RFIs, submittals and approved changes.
• Issue non-compliance reports documenting deficient work and follow-up until the defective work is corrected or accepted by Owner or Engineer.
• Assist with pre-construction efforts including taking inspector's set of pre-construction photos and videos.
• Assist the Owner and Engineer with site investigations when differing and unforeseen conditions are encountered and with Owner initiated changes.
• Coordinate with the Owner, Engineer, and Contractor to assure that required permits are obtained and in compliance.
• Prepare daily inspection reports and daily inspector photos.
• Monitor the progress of the work and document in the daily inspection report when, where and why progress is falling behind the approved schedule.
• Field verify, and Document installed bid quantities and assist with final quantity reconciliation.
• Inspect temporary silt fencing and other erosion and storm water control measures to assure they comply with the Contractor's storm water pollution protection plan.
• Attend and assist with progress and coordination meetings.
• Coordinate with testing labs, Owner, Engineer and Contractor to assure that required tests and inspections are performed.
• Witness various field and/or factory tests and document results on Owner or Engineer furnished reports.
• Assist with reviewing pay applications.
• Review Contractor's as-built drawings as work progresses to ensure they are up to date.
• Assist with coordinating the Contractor's work to minimize and eliminate impacts to the Owner, public and other stakeholders.
• Assist with testing, startup, and commissioning of new systems.
• Assist in project close-out process.
• Assist Owner and Engineer with evaluating Contractor claims.
• Proactively review the contract drawings, specifications, site conditions and contractor's work progress to identify potential problems and assist the Owner and Engineer with developing solutions to minimize or eliminate project impacts.
• Assist Owner and Engineer with evaluating constructability issues.
• Perform quantity take-offs of proposed and actual work.
• Review and evaluate testing lab reports and follow-up with lab and Engineer when necessary to clarify or revise the reports.
• Assist the Engineer and testing lab in evaluating Contractor proposed concrete mix designs.
• Oversee work product and performance of up to a six person construction inspection team, and supporting material testing staff, on one or more concurrent projects.
• Schedule inspectors and testing labs based on project need.
• Manage and maintain the resources and training necessary for the inspection team (ex., PPE, safety training, JHAs, measuring devices, etc.).
• Review and approve inspector timesheets.
• Review and approve testing lab invoices.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in general civil, facility, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, control and specialty fields of construction.
• Minimum of 5 years experience managing other inspectors.
• Expertise and knowledge of all CSI divisions, vertical and horizontal construction.
• Proficiency with reading, understanding and correlating plans and specifications.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project.
• Prior experience with large, capital improvement, public works projects involving coordination between multi-disciplined contractors.
• 10 hour OSHA safety course; 40 hour Supervisor course preferred.
• First aid & CPR training preferred.
• ICBO, or equivalent, certification preferred.
• Prior supervisory/ lead inspector experience.
Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc., is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 713-266-6900. For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the Law (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
Supervisory Experience Required
Between $30.00 / HR and $50.00 / HR
Eagle Ford Shale Job
Is this job related to Hurricane Harvey Clean-up/Restoration?
Construction and Related Workers, All Other
Minimum Experience and Education
5 yrs 0 mos
High School Diploma/GED
Answer the following before previewing and printing your application
State agencies will not accept incomplete applications. Complete the following fields if you are viewing and printing your application to submit to a state agency/university. Then select the Preview/Print State of Texas Application button to view your application. Use your browser print option to print.
Job Posting Number
State Agency Name
LOCKWOOD, ANDREWS & NEWNAM, INC
Job Closing Date
Jul 13, 2019
Open Until Filled
Do you have any relatives working for this agency? If so, list names and relationships.
Limit 1000 characters
How did you first find out about this job?
01 - Other State Employee
02 - Job Fair
03 - Professional Publication
04 - Recruitment Poster
05 - Television
06 - Newspaper
Name of Newspaper
07 - College/University Career Day
08 - Human Resource/Personnel Office
09 - Radio
10 - Agency Web Site - Internet
11 - WorkInTexas.com
12 - Other (specify)
Workforce Solutions Office Directory