Skip to content
Logon to WorkInTexas.com
Forgot User ID?
By Occupation and Location
By State Agency / University
By Hot Careers
Client Service Representative I
Employer contact information is available to registered logged-on job seekers who match the job posting requirements (some exceptions do apply). To benefit from all services available to you
Job Posting ID
May 17, 2019
Employer Posting No
Jun 11, 2019
Job Site Address
WACO, Texas 76701
# of Openings 1 Category (Portal Searching) Medical Records
This is an entry level position responsible for processing all release of information (ROI) specifically medical record requests in a timely and efficient manner ensuring accuracy and providing customers with the highest quality product and customer service. Associate must at all times safeguard and protect the patient s right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient s medical information and that all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA regulations.
* Receives incoming requests for information and responds to requests by opening mail, assisting walk-ins and telephone inquiries, and retrieving facsimile inquiries in a timely manner.
* Date stamps all requests and highlights pertinent data to facilitate processing.
* Validates requests and authorizations for release of medical information according to established procedures and HIPAA guidelines.
* Completes release of information requests including retrieving patient s medical charts and returning charts, copying/scanning medical records accurately and correctly, according to requests, established procedures, and established standards of quality and productivity; and electronically transmits medical record to processing operations.
* Performs quality checks on all work to assure accuracy of the release, confidentiality, and proper invoicing.
* Maintains equipment in excellent operating condition (inside and out) and troubleshoot equipment issues with assistance from the Help Desk department.
* Provides excellent customer service by being attentive, respectful and professional at all times; insures understanding of customer request and follows-through as promised; being proactive in identifying and addressing member concerns, or problems.
* Demonstrates helpful and effective telephone etiquette and customer service skills by providing appropriate information to callers.
* Maintains a neat, clean, and professional personal appearance and observes the dress code established by the Company or the member facility.
* Maintains a clean and orderly work area, insures that records and files are properly stored before leaving area, and insures adequate supplies to meet customer requests.
* Maintains working knowledge of the current state laws regarding fee structure, and HIPAA regulations as well as facility policies and procedures in regards to release of information.
* Ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality as scheduled. Notifies Manager, Operations and/or Supervisor if unable to adhere to daily schedule.
* Adheres to all Company time and attendance policies or applicable law covering meal breaks and rest periods. Records all accurate work hours in the Company s designated time keeping system daily and adheres to the Company s overtime policy and procedures for requesting time off or change in schedule.
* Works within scope of position and direction; willingly accepts assignments and is available to take on additional member facilities and assist with ROI backlogs.
* Performs responsibilities in accordance with the Company s and member facilities policies and procedures and state and federal labor regulations and works to minimize confidentiality breaches.
* Maintains confidentiality, information security and ethical behavior when handling all Company and medical records information during transport, storage and disposal. Will not remove medical records information from member site unless written authorization is provided by the facility s HIM Director, Company Manager and/or Supervisor and Vice President of Operations.
* Attends and participates in required educational training sessions and staff meetings as scheduled and assigned.
* Ability to adapt to change and respond to difficult and challenging situations in a professional manner.
* Accepts new assignments willingly to meet business needs.
* Communicates with Manager on an on-going basis, providing information and data as requested including member s changing needs and requests.
* Promptly reports to Manager any customer service concerns and/or any potential HIPAA violations whether actual or perceived.
* Informs Manager of site or work difficulties, special project requests from facility, and fluctuating volume in daily workload.
* Ability to accurately and efficiently utilize a computer for data input, retrieval of data and all other tasks associated with release of information services and time reporting.
Ciox provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to as race, color, national origin, genetic information, religion or religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, ancestry, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic as protected by state or federal law. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, and training.
Employer's Job# 2019-7710
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.
Supervisory Experience Required
Additional Pay Details
Dependent on Experience
Eagle Ford Shale Job
Is this job related to Hurricane Harvey Clean-up/Restoration?
Customer Service Representatives
Minimum Experience and Education
0 yrs 0 mos
High School Diploma/GED
Answer the following before previewing and printing your application
State agencies will not accept incomplete applications. Complete the following fields if you are viewing and printing your application to submit to a state agency/university. Then select the Preview/Print State of Texas Application button to view your application. Use your browser print option to print.
Client Service Representative I
Job Posting Number
State Agency Name
HEALTHPORT TECHNOLOGIES, LLC
Job Closing Date
Jun 11, 2019
Open Until Filled
Do you have any relatives working for this agency? If so, list names and relationships.
Limit 1000 characters
How did you first find out about this job?
01 - Other State Employee
02 - Job Fair
03 - Professional Publication
04 - Recruitment Poster
05 - Television
06 - Newspaper
Name of Newspaper
07 - College/University Career Day
08 - Human Resource/Personnel Office
09 - Radio
10 - Agency Web Site - Internet
11 - WorkInTexas.com
12 - Other (specify)
Workforce Solutions Office Directory