Skip to content
Logon to WorkInTexas.com
Forgot User ID?
By Occupation and Location
By State Agency / University
By Hot Careers
Employer contact information is available to registered logged-on job seekers who match the job posting requirements (some exceptions do apply). To benefit from all services available to you
Job Posting ID
May 20, 2019
Employer Posting No
Jul 06, 2019
Job Site Address
WACO, Texas 76704
Job Description: Licensed Vocational Nurse
Licensed Vocational Nurse provides routine vocational nursing work. Work involves providing for the care, treatment, and general welfare of patients. May train others. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Works under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse, and performs Nursing duties within the assigned areas and assigned shift. The LVN performs basic and complex nursing tasks to fulfill the health needs of the individuals. The LVN keeps informed of and follows all agency, facility and unit policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
1.Administers medications and treatments orally, rectally, internally, or by injection.
2. Performs technical Nursing procedures according to facility and state regulations after demonstration for competency.
3. Documents and reports pertinent observations.
4. Communicates orally and in writing to other team members’ pertinent information. Documents according to facility policy.
5. Responds to emergency situations to ensure safety of individuals. Follows safety and Infection Control Procedures of facility.
6. Monitors patients for treatments and procedures.
7. Collects samples for laboratory examination and performs routine lab tests on samples, as required.
8. Counsels patients with specific health goals.
9. LVN II assists other staff in turning/repositioning individuals to administer treatments.
10. Ensures that supplies are available.
11. Locates, transports and handles client record.
12. Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned. Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency’s obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
Experience in nursing work. Knowledge of nursing procedures and techniques and the principles and process used in providing patient care. Ability to provide patient care and to prepare and maintain records, to communicate effectively and to train others. Ability to apply principles and practices to assess, prevent and control diseases. Skills in using reasoning to identify problems, in considering appropriate resolution of situations, and in the operation of computers and applicable computer software. Must maintain current CPR certification. Must have strength and flexibility to safely perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of emergency procedures and emergency equipment.
Supervisory Experience Required
Eagle Ford Shale Job
Is this job related to Hurricane Harvey Clean-up/Restoration?
Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses
Minimum Experience and Education
0 yrs 6 mos
Answer the following before previewing and printing your application
State agencies will not accept incomplete applications. Complete the following fields if you are viewing and printing your application to submit to a state agency/university. Then select the Preview/Print State of Texas Application button to view your application. Use your browser print option to print.
Job Posting Number
The employer did not provide an internal job posting number. Please locate this number on their web site and enter it here: Job Posting Number.
State Agency Name
Job Closing Date
Jul 6, 2019
Open Until Filled
Do you have any relatives working for this agency? If so, list names and relationships.
Limit 1000 characters
How did you first find out about this job?
01 - Other State Employee
02 - Job Fair
03 - Professional Publication
04 - Recruitment Poster
05 - Television
06 - Newspaper
Name of Newspaper
07 - College/University Career Day
08 - Human Resource/Personnel Office
09 - Radio
10 - Agency Web Site - Internet
11 - WorkInTexas.com
12 - Other (specify)
Workforce Solutions Office Directory