Skip to content
Logon to WorkInTexas.com
Forgot User ID?
By Occupation and Location
By State Agency / University
By Hot Careers
Employer contact information is available to registered logged-on job seekers who match the job posting requirements (some exceptions do apply). To benefit from all services available to you
Job Posting ID
May 23, 2019
Employer Posting No
Jun 22, 2019
Job Site Address
WACO, Texas 76706
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the distribution center operations including but not limited to shipping and receiving, warehouse facility and equipment maintenance. Work with cross-functional departments as it relates to the distribution center operations and ensure prompt and timely resolution of any issues.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
● Ensures proper execution of all policies and procedures with regard to picking, packing, shipping, receiving, and returns.
● Plans layout of warehouse
● Ensure the health, safety, cleanliness and security of the work environment.
● Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
● Determines method of shipment.
● Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons.
● Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers.
● Inserts items into containers.
● Nails covers on wooden crates and binds containers with metal tape.
● Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
● Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
● Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
● Routes items to departments.
● Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
● Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
● Operates lift truck or uses handtruck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
● Performs cycle counting as needed.
● Other duties as required. This list is not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Diploma or GED required
Experience: 3-5 years inventory control/warehouse management experience.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheets, internet, order processing software and database software
Work environment varies from office to job site to industrial locations
OUR CORE VALUES
Passion to Perform We are passionate to perform and focus on concrete achievements
Trust to Act We are empowered to act, and act in a powerful way
Act Responsibly We are responsible for our actions and the consequences they have for our stakeholders and our environment
Make it Fun! We are serious about making work fun; its the way we do things
Supervisory Experience Required
Between $15.00 / HR and $18.00 / HR
Eagle Ford Shale Job
Is this job related to Hurricane Harvey Clean-up/Restoration?
Stock Clerks- Stockroom, Warehouse, or Storage Yard
License or Certification Required
License or Certification Type
Minimum Experience and Education
2 yrs 0 mos
High School Diploma/GED
Answer the following before previewing and printing your application
State agencies will not accept incomplete applications. Complete the following fields if you are viewing and printing your application to submit to a state agency/university. Then select the Preview/Print State of Texas Application button to view your application. Use your browser print option to print.
Job Posting Number
The employer did not provide an internal job posting number. Please locate this number on their web site and enter it here: Job Posting Number.
State Agency Name
EQUIPMENT DEPOT LTD
Job Closing Date
Jun 22, 2019
Open Until Filled
Do you have any relatives working for this agency? If so, list names and relationships.
Limit 1000 characters
How did you first find out about this job?
01 - Other State Employee
02 - Job Fair
03 - Professional Publication
04 - Recruitment Poster
05 - Television
06 - Newspaper
Name of Newspaper
07 - College/University Career Day
08 - Human Resource/Personnel Office
09 - Radio
10 - Agency Web Site - Internet
11 - WorkInTexas.com
12 - Other (specify)
Workforce Solutions Office Directory