Skip to content
Logon to WorkInTexas.com
Forgot User ID?
By Occupation and Location
By State Agency / University
By Hot Careers
Field Service Representative - Power Distribution
Employer contact information is available to registered logged-on job seekers who match the job posting requirements (some exceptions do apply). To benefit from all services available to you
Job Posting ID
Jul 03, 2019
Employer Posting No
Aug 02, 2019
Job Site Address
WACO, Texas 76798
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
This position is accountable for installing, inspecting, troubleshooting and repairing customer equipment. Instructs customers and sales personnel on the operation and maintenance of equipment. Installs, services and repairs customer equipment. Performs warranty work and start-up service. Performs testing, calibration, checking, correcting, adjusting and part component replacement services on customer products. Constructs and tests circuits and equipment utilizing various tools and machines such as computers, workstations, circuit diagrams and test instruments/equipment. Instructs customers and sales personnel on the operation and customer maintenance of equipment. Provides technical support in product service, product training and applications. Analyzes complex problems in equipment and machinery and interprets maintenance manuals, using knowledge of systems and electronics to isolate and correct the fault. Consult s with product support and engineering personnel to determine solutions to complex problems in system operation. Reports customer suggestions on product improvement and existing product designs to the appropriate technical specialist. Assists in the developing design modifications. Implements modifications and provides installation support for the modifications. Develops and implements training courseware and provides training to customers and other service representatives. Develops and maintains ongoing customer relationships with regards to all aspects of equipment repair and maintenance. Maintains service equipment, tools and documentation.
* Provide outstanding customer service
* Advise customers on best practice, new services and upgrade opportunities
* Perform Startup/Commissioning on equipment across the Schneider Electric product portfolio.
* Perform preventive, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on equipment
* Track Installed Base (serviceable assets)
* Submit Opportunity Detected during his/her interventions
* Support serviceable Schneider equipment including but not limited to: electrical switchgear, HVAC/CRAC systems, UPS systems, PDUs, RPPs, BMS systems, PLCs, HMIs, Drives, security, access control, CCTV and fire alarm and suppression systems...
* Leads or contributes to Field Services small projects coordination and execution on customer site (end of life, modernization, upgrade, etc).
* Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other service documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
* Perform basic audits of customer's electrical systems and equipment.
* Document all required information for each site (technical report)
* Get signature from customer for acceptance after the execution of the on-site work
* Provide daily and accurate time and expense for each customer intervention
* Properly document, label, and return all defective parts utilized in the repair of equipment to the designated disposal/repair location.
* Develop innovative solutions to more complex technical problems that arise during start-up.
* Research, evaluate, and recommend new products or equipment upgrades that will meet customer needs.
* Assist Schneider Electric Service Partners in site visits, evaluating technical and professional performance.
* Works with Sales and looks for other opportunities outside current scope of work
* Is in permanent relation with his planner/coordinator for smooth execution of his intervention
* Will escalate to FS technical expert in the countries as needed when unable to solve a technical issue
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Can remotely investigate the origin of the breakdown and submit fixes (in a service bureau for example)
This job might be for you if you have:
* High level of technical knowledge of electronic/electrical component theory. Knowledge of HVAC systems and applicable application software knowledge is preferred.
* Must be able to perform duties with general direction, receiving only general guidance with respect to overall objectives. Work is usually quite independent of other team members
* Must operate within division policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives
* Must comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures
* Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business procedures, professional documents, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
* Ability to write reports and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions f rom groups of managers, clients, and customers.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of algebra and geometry.
* Ability to define problems, collect data,
Supervisory Experience Required
Additional Pay Details
Depends on Experience
Eagle Ford Shale Job
Is this job related to Hurricane Harvey Clean-up/Restoration?
Sales Representatives, Services, All Other
Minimum Experience and Education
2 yrs 0 mos
No Education Requirement
Answer the following before previewing and printing your application
State agencies will not accept incomplete applications. Complete the following fields if you are viewing and printing your application to submit to a state agency/university. Then select the Preview/Print State of Texas Application button to view your application. Use your browser print option to print.
Field Service Representative - Power Distribution
Job Posting Number
State Agency Name
Job Closing Date
Aug 2, 2019
Open Until Filled
Do you have any relatives working for this agency? If so, list names and relationships.
Limit 1000 characters
How did you first find out about this job?
01 - Other State Employee
02 - Job Fair
03 - Professional Publication
04 - Recruitment Poster
05 - Television
06 - Newspaper
Name of Newspaper
07 - College/University Career Day
08 - Human Resource/Personnel Office
09 - Radio
10 - Agency Web Site - Internet
11 - WorkInTexas.com
12 - Other (specify)
Workforce Solutions Office Directory