Skip to content
Logon to WorkInTexas.com
Forgot User ID?
By Occupation and Location
By State Agency / University
By Hot Careers
Employer contact information is available to registered logged-on job seekers who match the job posting requirements (some exceptions do apply). To benefit from all services available to you
Job Posting ID
Jul 02, 2019
Employer Posting No
Aug 01, 2019
Job Site Address
MCGREGOR, Texas 76657
Overview / Responsibilities
U.S Only :
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S without sponsorship required. Wood is currently sourcing three Sandblaster/Painters to join our team in McGregor, Texas.
* This is positions is for an employee who applies coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings and other structures. This includes the inspection of surfaces.
* Follow the rules of safe conduct at all times.
* Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of hand tools and power tools appropriate for the job,
* Recognize various materials used in the craft and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
* Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, fork lifts, and company trucks.
* Demonstrate ability to interpret paint specifications.
* Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of appropriate personal protective equipment for the craft.
* Demonstrate knowledge and skills in various methods of surface preparation as listed:
* Abrasive Blasting per SSPC/Nace Standards
* Wet Abrasive Blasting per SSPC/Nace Standards
* Power and Hand Tool Cleaning per SSPC/Nace Standards
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Supervisory Experience Required
Additional Pay Details
Depends on experience
Eagle Ford Shale Job
Is this job related to Hurricane Harvey Clean-up/Restoration?
Painters, Transportation Equipment
Minimum Experience and Education
1 yrs 0 mos
No Education Requirement
Answer the following before previewing and printing your application
State agencies will not accept incomplete applications. Complete the following fields if you are viewing and printing your application to submit to a state agency/university. Then select the Preview/Print State of Texas Application button to view your application. Use your browser print option to print.
Job Posting Number
State Agency Name
WOOD ENVIRONMENT & INFRASTRUCTURE SOLUTIONS
Job Closing Date
Aug 1, 2019
Open Until Filled
Do you have any relatives working for this agency? If so, list names and relationships.
Limit 1000 characters
How did you first find out about this job?
01 - Other State Employee
02 - Job Fair
03 - Professional Publication
04 - Recruitment Poster
05 - Television
06 - Newspaper
Name of Newspaper
07 - College/University Career Day
08 - Human Resource/Personnel Office
09 - Radio
10 - Agency Web Site - Internet
11 - WorkInTexas.com
12 - Other (specify)
Workforce Solutions Office Directory